Keep Calm And…
Posted by becca3416
Last night I received a text with this lovely rendition of the KCCO meme. This is my week’s motto appropriately, because I shall be toes in the water and feet in the sand come Saturday. I find myself getting a bit anxious, but a good anxious. Now comes the daunting task of trying to pack everything I will need into: a backpack, a
duffel bag purse, and a small suitcase. I was advised it would be best to avoid bag checking, thus these three bags will have to do. Of course, being the president of over-packers anonymous, I have a feeling that one of two things is going to occur:
1. I will procrastinate wrangling this chore until Thursday night after cleaning out a bottle of wine. This will result in tipsy me throwing a couple of random and undesirable clothing articles and accessories in to my limited totes and later bitching at myself when I attempt to put together a remotely decent outfit once I arrive. I will achieve a lightly packed status but somehow still end up with all the amenities I need… and a few that I don’t.
2. I will inevitably STILL over-pack and arrive to Tampa with several tangled, smashed, and ungodly wrinkled balls of clothing. I will have plenty to wear, but forget my toothbrush and straightener.
So, luckily for me I will likely have a little supervision for this matter. As many times as my friend (who I will refer to as half pint from here on out) has traveled, she is basically a professional at this type of thing. Guess who is bribing her with wine to come over and help me figure it out? I guess I should have known packing scenario number one would be more likely, considering we can’t keep our hands off the booze.
This being said, we will definitely have to lay off the cork come Friday. Half Pint and I will be taking on the open road with our trucker hats in tow. Consider this a fair warning to any travelers out there. I can see it now. –Two determined but highly unskilled U-haul drivers have been spotted East of Pensacola. They seem to be
singing screaming in an almost manic fashion. Normal drivers beware! –Okay, so I am blowing this a little out of proportion. We should be just fine, but it certainly will be a tad nerve wracking to drive that woolly mammoth all while clunking around Half Pint’s Mustang in the rear. So, assuming the miracle that we make our voyage safely, and that I can control my urges to post, I will probably be taking a little break from the blog from Saturday to Tuesday. To anyone out there who is actually reading any of this, remember to keep calm. In the meantime you can check out this video about the sweet story behind that phrase, “Keep calm and carry on”.
- Sweet Sales (bgreenlifestyle.com)
- Is a duffel or backpack better for camping? (boyslife.org)
- Keep Calm and Carry On (wlwchoirs.wordpress.com)
- Packing Tips (nyulondonspring2012.wordpress.com)
About becca3416Becca Cord is a twenty-something year old southern ballerina turned humor writer and video editor. Having lived in Louisiana her entire life, she is now perusing her travel dreams while starting her own free-lance Web Marketing business and organizing a nation wide blogging event, Blogger Interactive. She believes one of her callings is making people laugh, and she intends to do so. You can find Becca on her personal blog, Facebook page, or Twitter @becca25tofly.
Posted on March 27, 2012, in Adventures, Silly, Travel and tagged blog, Crime, Culture, Duffel bag, Education, Florida, Flying, Friends, KCCO, Keep Calm Carry On, life, Luggage, Packing, Tampa, Travel, U-haul, Wine, WordPress. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.