Taking Care of Business
Today I have two orders of business. I so wish I had a gavel and had just said that out loud. The first includes me thanking a really kick-ass person by the name of Jillian. She has awarded me with my second blog award, the One Lovely Blog Award, and it couldn’t have come at a better time. I am
secretly openly envious of her bravery as she takes on Southeastern Europe. She is all about couch surfing, bungee jumping, and smooth talking security. Seriously, some of the stuff she does makes my zip lining excursion look like mini-golf in comparison. You can tag along on Jillian’s journeys here. Thanks for the compliment and added encouragement Jillian.
(Probably) Super official rules of accepting this award:
1. Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2. Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
3. Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
4. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
I’ll go ahead and get this out of the way:
1. I have an artificial right upper lateral. Also known as… I gots a fake tooth, ya heard. I was born without the permanent one that’s supposed to be there.
2. In my super viable medical opinion, I believe that very tooth got lost somewhere in the incubation period of my existence. Turns out it was just chilling with my wisdom teeth. That’s right, I had five wisdom teeth.
3. That’s enough about my dental history, but along the same lines I have never broken a bone.
4. My feline children are named after playing cards.
5. Whiskey is my biggest vice.
6. I absolutely can not wear socks under covers and definitely will not sleep in them.
7. I am in serious relationships with a lot of inanimate objects… but if you have been reading along with my blog for a while, you probably already knew that.
And now, I am going in to slacker mode and cheating a little bit. It is Friday and fifteen blogs is a lot, so I am going to slice that in half. Everyone who is anyone cheats on these things anyway right? We will just call it tweaking the rules. Here are some of my latest blog crushes. Does a blog count as an inanimate object? I mean the physical blog is inanimate, but the people writing them are not. Wow, this will be a long day. Back to the podium, and mind you these are in no specific order.
Kenny is an aspiring comedian. He is funny and insightful. You will like him. Oh, did I mention he sings?
I wish I could have been around when this guy was teaching, or rather, I wish this guy could have been around when I was learning. Either way I am sure he will correct me and then flatter me. Oh Rich, how I enjoy our interactions.
Using his units of measure, this guy is pretty sweet. Awesome dad. He will make you cry, then make you laugh.
I hate that I have never done half the outdoorsy stuff Sarah does, but I love living vicariously through her blog. Man, do all the cool people live in New England?
This one is definitely in my top five favorite blogs. If you like book writing bellmen, here’s your guy.
This blogger has a spiffy design to her blog, and I think her blog name is catchy to boot. Plus, she writes interesting stuff.
He is not a business man, he is a business, man. That comes straight from this guy’s about page. We’ve got a clever one here. Read his blog.
All I can say is inspiring. I would say much more, but now my fingers are sleepy. I have much love for this blog as well.
I am sure most of these people don’t need me to nominate them for some award. I am equally certain they must all know they are wonderful already. Regardless, there it is. If I have missed some sort of anti-award clause somewhere in your information, I apologize. I probably shouldn’t get ahold of a gavel after all.
Oh yeah, and for the second order of business, remember how I actually won something that one time? Probably not, but my prize finally arrived. Findingravity is the shiz.
- One Lovely Blog and Kreativ Blogger Award (jabelah.wordpress.com)
- One Lovely Award and Blessing (inlovewiththelord.wordpress.com)
- Awards! Many lovely awards … (evatenter.wordpress.com)
Posted on June 15, 2012, in Awards, Inspirational, Opinion and tagged 25tofly, Awards, Becca Cord, blog, Blog Awards, Blogging, fun, life, New England, One Lovely Blog Award, Opinion, Share, WordPress, Writing. Bookmark the permalink. 19 Comments.