Bloggers for Movember Grand Finale
Hello Mo peeps and Flysters! Happy Thursday to you all. Are your upper lips all itchy and unkempt yet? Do you look more like Tom Selleck or John Waters? Either way, you only have a little bit longer to keep your new facial friend. We only have TEN days left of Movember, and this means it is crunch time.
As I am writing this post, our Bloggers for Movember team is at $277 in donations. Now, that’s a nice wad of cash, but we can do better. Seriously. Last year’s BFM campaign raised over $2,000! Can we try to match or beat that goal in the next ten days? You tell me. Or better yet, show me. It’s in your best interest…
Grand Prize Auction
I love art. I can’t even draw an invisible man, let alone create something someone would want to put on his wall, but I love art. Monday I announced my personal BFM contest contribution that is raffling off a bitchin’ graphic design print entitled Mustache Styles by Tim Sanders. Today, I am presenting a final contribution involving some more bitchin’ art by the infamous TJ Lubrano.
TJ is not only a great friend of mine through the Blogging and online world since I began 25toFly, but she is also a virtual world triple threat. She can write. She can paint.She can reach people. If you don’t already know her, you can (and should) read about more of her work here and a little about the lady behind the art (and beautiful hair) here.
TJ has been on board for BFM since it began last year, and this year she blew my mind with her work. She has designed and executed THREE original and very special art work donations to help rally support. In fact, the pieces are so special, they deserve a full blown auction.
The top left piece is a portrait of a certain red headed blogger riding a mustache in her long johns. The top right piece is TJ’s signature cupcakes sporting mustaches of their own. The bottom piece (and one of my personal favorites) is three superheros, MO style! They are each truly one of a kind.
1. The auction begins now and will last one full week, ending next Thursday, November 28th at 12:00 noon.
2. To participate in the auction, you don’t have to register to join the team/network (although it is highly encouraged) but you must make a donation to the BFM team or network (which you can also do by donating directly to my MoSpace). Your donation is your bid for one of TJ’s pieces.
3. After you have put in your bid, be sure to leave a comment or message on the team page announcing your bid, just as you would in a real, live auction.
4. The top three highest bidders (donations) will win the art, with highest bidder getting first choice of the three original pieces and so on.
This is going to be a ton of fun. I can’t begin to tell you how tempted I am to participate in the auction myself, but I will leave that to you Mo peeps! I’ll be sitting on the side lines practicing my speedy auctioneer voice. That should keep me busy.
And lastly, of course, if you absolutely can not donate to the cause, you can still always show your support for TJ’s amazing work and generosity by sharing this post, Liking her Facebook page TJ Lubrano Illustrations, or by liking the Bloggers for Movember Facebook page. You should also check out some of TJ’s amazing work on the UBER successful Kickstarter project Elvenses that recently achieved Staff Picks status, as well as the IndieGoGo project Lighting Up The World that she has worked on. There is only 8 days left to back Lighting Up The World, and they are so close! Do it.
TJ is obviously a busy gal, and I thank her from the bottom of my long johns for taking the time to show her support for Bloggers for Movember. You should too.
- Official 25toFly BFM Contest (25tofly.com)
- Bloggers for Movember 2013 Begins! (25tofly.com)
- Bloggers for Movember Update – Contests! (25tofly.com)
Posted on November 21, 2013, in BFM, giveaway and tagged 25tofly, Art, Becca Cord, BFM 2013, bloggers for movember, contests, John Waters, kickstarter, Men's health, Movember, mustache art, tj lubrano, Tom Selleck. Bookmark the permalink. 16 Comments.