Posted by becca3416
I have officially accepted that I am addicted to words. WordPress is my junkie, allowing me to use at all times of the day. My friends are concerned because they have not seen me in months. They know I am alive, however, because my Twitter and Facebook say so… every few hours. Those are typical gateway addictions. I’ve compiled a list of symptoms so you all know the warning signs. It is too late for me, but you still have a chance to get help. Take caution. Early detection is key.
1. The W on your keyboard is completely worn off, but your muscle memory knows where it is so it doesn’t matter anyway.
2. You get a brief spat of the hiccups after eating dinner and begin thinking of how you can write an entertaining yet charming post about it.
3. When people speak in your dreams, speech bubbles appear in perfect WordPress comment format. They are even orange and you don’t even normally dream in color.
4. You feel ashamed to tell your family about your blog because it contains too much sexual innuendo.
Alright, that one isn’t a symptom it is just a fact about my blog in particular.
5. You start hanging out with and idolizing other bloggers who use frequently.
6. Your savings account is more plush than it has ever been, because you haven’t left your house (where the internet is) except to go to your day job (where there is also internet, otherwise you would have quit already).
7. Food has lost its taste. Mainly because you forgot to eat dinner again while constantly refreshing your stats. Nothing tastes as good as stats feel.
If I were to ask 14-year-old me where I would be in ten years, she would never say “word addict”. She would probably say, “hugging lots of cats”. I wish I could go back and interview my 14-year-old self. Wait, that could be a funny post idea. *opens new tab*
- Have you looked under the hood of your website lately? (jenifferthompson.com)
- Is There Any Point in Blogging In the age of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram? (slideshare.net)
- WordPress Wednesday – 8 Achievements & Rewards WordPress Plugins (creativeproject.wordpress.com)
Tags: 25tofly, 7 signs you are a wordaholic, addicted to wordpress, Addictions, Becca Cord, blog, Blogging, blogging issues, can't stop posting, Facebook, freshly pressed, funny list, humor, humor blog, internet addiction, intervention, life, Online Communities, post idea brainstorming, Savings account, Social Media, Social Networking, twitter, won't stop posting, wordaholic, WordPress, writers on wordpress, Writing