The wonderful ladies at The Indie Chicks have invited me back in for some double shot coffee to talk about Bloggers for Movember, and this time, I am not just blabbering about how I want to pet all men with facial hair. This year, I wanted to explain why I find Bloggers for Movember to be a positively impacting cause by writing about an experience that wasn’t so positively impacting.
Hello Mo peeps and Flysters! Happy Thursday to you all. Are your upper lips all itchy and unkempt yet? Do you look more like Tom Selleck or John Waters? Either way, you only have a little bit longer to keep your new facial friend. We only have TEN days left of Movember, and this means it is crunch time.
As I am writing this post, our Bloggers for Movember team is at $277 in donations. Now, that’s a nice wad of cash, but we can do better. Seriously. Last year’s BFM campaign raised over $2,000! Can we try to match or beat that goal in the next ten days? You tell me. Or better yet, show me. It’s in your best interest…
Grand Prize Auction
Happy Movember Monday to you all! Movember is now in full swing. I’ve been seeing some rad mustache progress being shared already and a handful of posts dedicated to the month of men’s health awareness. Bloggers are on top of their game this year, and I am pumped. You should be too.
Today’s post comes with more updates about how to get involved and a few teasers of what we have to look forward to for the remainder of the BFM campaign. Hold on to your whiskers, we are about to go turbo MOde.
1. In case you didn’t already see the BFM team/network updates on Facebook and Twitter, here is how you can join our team (and network for those outside of the US).
To join the BFM team directly, simply register on www.movember.com, and join the team page. Aside from donations, pictures and blog post links can all be shared on the team page as well, so please take advantage of this year’s sexy format!
Those outside of the US can join us through the network page. The instructions are as follows:
- Register and log in to your Mo Space
- Click on Networks on the left hand side
- Search the network name Bloggers for Movember 2013
- Click join this network
You can also download the Movember app to keep up with the campaign while you are on the MOve.
2. MOAR contests are happening this year. Last year, I did a banner design contest with the help of Tim Oh of Get Second Lunch, and it turned out to be fun and outstanding and incredible and spiffy, but it also turned me on to vlogging. I can’t believe it has been a year already. SO, get ready for a new, fun, outstanding, incredible, spiffy contest right here on 25toFly which will end in none other than a special vlog on BeccaTube announcing the winners. Camera tricks and all.
We will also have a Twitter auction, several giveaways, and a well-known company dedicating money to this year’s BFM campaign. Details are coming later this week and next week, so don’t you dare grab for your razor yet.
3. Here are some badges and banners you can use to bling out your blog and/or social media sites showing that you are supporting BFM and making the world that much better. You’re a hero.
Lastly, if you are interested in dedicating a blog post to the cause, please send links directly to me at Cord.Rebecca@gmail.com so I can promote them! Also remember, likes and shares count just as much! Bloggers for Movember MOvement on Facebook and Twitter.
- Bloggers for Movember 2013 Begins! (25tofly.com)
- Movember (littlemslost.wordpress.com)
- Movember Mobile App Is the Perfect ‘Stache Companion (mashable.com)
Last year was an incredible year in the blogging world. Almighty Le Clown put together Bloggers for Movember which brought bloggers together for an amazing cause and allowed us to share our experiences with men’s health issues while supporting the worldwide movement that is Movember. It was also my very first big blogging collaboration, which connected me with a slew of incredible people and bloggers and gave me the motivation and confidence to dive into so many other projects.
So this year, I am taking the reigns of Blogger for Movember. I have a very important story I’d like to tell about the importance of muscling through those screenings and check ups, but for today, the official 1st day of Movember, I’d like to start by handling a few orders of business.
1. The new Bloggers for Movember 2013 team is set up and ready to go. All you need to do to join in on the campaign is visit the official team page, click join, and follow the instructions. You are now an official member of a special team of bloggers that are out to make the world a little better by creating awareness for men’s health issues. You don’t have to donate, but of course it is encouraged!
2. Shave it all off! If you haven’t done so already, it’s time to bust out your sharpest razor and revert back to your baby face. Mustache growing contests are yet another way to have some fun and support the cause. If you can’t grow a Mo, slap on a fake one (see aforementioned Jackstache). Keeping the world up to date on your lip brow is a great way to direct people to join us all in the glory of Movember, so keep the pictures coming. Post updates on your blog, Facebook, and Twitter! And be sure to submit them to the BFM Facebook page by e-mailing me at Cord.Rebecca@gmail.com. Be sure to Like the Facebook page while you are at it!
3. We need more than team members and donations. We need stories. We need to offer what we do best. We need to write. One of the most amazing things about BFM 2012 was how many people had something to share in regards to their experiences with men’s health in general, prostate and testicular cancer, mental heath, and much more. I know there are more people out there who’s stories could possibly help save someone’s life. So let’s get to sharing! If you have a post you would like to dedicate to BFM 2013, please send the link to me at Cord.Rebecca@gmail.com so that I can share it on the BFM Facebook page and in update posts right here on 25toFly.
November will be dedicated to nothing but BFM 2013 here on 25toFly. Let’s do this MoBros and MoSistas! I’m ready to blow this year’s campaign out of the water. If you would like to join me and this years behind the scenes team, or have any ideas regarding the campaign, please let me know in the comments or by e-mail.