When I heard about Movember, I was sure it was all about some gang of hardcore landscapers ready to pull their rip-cords and just start weed whacking their way across the country.It is not. No one likes to mow that much.
I know he doesn’t need much of an introduction with you regulars in this blog land, but a certain Le Clown has kindly invited me to learn what Movember really is all about and extended an opportunity for me to help spread the word along with a few others. Let’s get ‘er done y’all.
Movember is a cause for men’s health and more specifically a platform for raising awareness about prostate and testicular cancer. The idea is to draw attention to the cause by encouraging the growth of glorious mustaches throughout the month of November. Obviously, Le Clown knows a thing or two about strategy, because I believe he used his knowledge of my obsession with facial hair to lure me in to this project. Where else would I rather be but smack dab in the middle of a bunch of blossoming mouth brows?
If you can’t physically grow a ‘stache, you should just go cry, because facial hair is the bees knees. I am only kidding, there are many other ways to support Movember should you be mustache growingly challenged. Here are some options:
- Re-blog this or Le Clown’s or any post about Movember.
- Grab that sexy badge up there and post it to your blog sidebar or wherever floats your boat.
- Tweet it up
- Write your own post about Movember or an experience you have had dealing with testicular cancer.
- Like the Bloggers for Movember Facebook page.
- Make a donation under the Bloggers for Movember team. (Click here to join if in the US and here to join for Canada)
- Make out with someone with a mustache (pics or it didn’t happen!).
The more mustaches the merrier, so get ready. Movember is just around the corner.
- Must have a mustache stencil for Movember (designinspiration.typepad.com)
- Movember 2012 – Beginnings (armaitus.wordpress.com)
- Movember 2012 – Pre Mo Gro (diarydad.wordpress.com)