The last time that I participated in any kind of gift exchanging game for Christmas was on a first date. Can you imagine that? You don’t have to. I will tell you how it goes. If you are me, that is.
My date picked me up for dinner somewhere back in December of 2008. We were supposed to go to a simple dinner. Me and him. On the way to the restaurant, he receives a phone call, which he takes, and has a casual conversation from which I infer that plans are about to change.
Date: “That was my mom. My family is having a Christmas party down the road. Do you want to go? It will be fun”.
Sure, I love meeting entire families on first dates.
Me: “Umm… I don’t know, I mean, I don’t want to intrude. They don’t know me.”
You barely know me.
Date: “Oh come on. They are super friendly. They will love you. There will be a lot of great food and presents.”
Date: “Yeah, they play Dirty Santa every year at this thing.”
As we continued down the highway, the dialogue went back and forth between him assuring me it wouldn’t be awkward and me trying to find a way to escape the moving car without looking obvious. Or killing myself. We ended up going, because I have an adverse reaction to telling people no, and guess what? It was awkward. Imagine that. Read the rest of this entry
This is a quick post to announce a few things.
1. Behold a cool new running shoe that makes me feel like I am in the future. Or, a reptile. I haven’t decided.
2. I have a muscle in my rib cage that has been twitching for THREE WHOLE DAYS. I’m not aggravated by it or anything.
3. I can’t stop obsessing over my twitching muscle long enough to use two hands to type an actual post.
4. I spotted the disappearing fox from 301 yesterday in a turn of events.
5. I have hired the help of The Man Huntress to help me keep track of him from now on.
6. You will get to find out who The Man Huntress is soon enough if you pay attention.
Hint: She has double the visual powers of a normal blogger. You know, for spotting attractive men in the wild.
7. Rich, ignore this post. You are the only fox for me, even if you are a silver fox.