When I got involved with Bloggers for Movember in 2012, I participated for a few reasons.
- Le Clown asked me, and you don’t tell him no. Unless you like flaming clown poop on your doorstep.
- I love facial hair much more than the average person. I’d take a bearded throw blanket any day.
- It was a great way to get involved with the blogging community and a charitable cause all at the same time.
I slept well every night of Movember 2012 knowing that I had done my part as an upstanding citizen of both the non virtual and virtual worlds of which I was a part. However, this year Bloggers for Movember means much more to me on an intimate level. This year, Movember has sunk into me… deep. BFM isn’t just something I am proud to put my name on. It has made me tap into my appreciation for the men I love, the men I like, and even the ones that I don’t. Read the rest of this entry
The wonderful ladies at The Indie Chicks have invited me back in for some double shot coffee to talk about Bloggers for Movember, and this time, I am not just blabbering about how I want to pet all men with facial hair. This year, I wanted to explain why I find Bloggers for Movember to be a positively impacting cause by writing about an experience that wasn’t so positively impacting.
Happy Movember Monday to you all! Movember is now in full swing. I’ve been seeing some rad mustache progress being shared already and a handful of posts dedicated to the month of men’s health awareness. Bloggers are on top of their game this year, and I am pumped. You should be too.
Today’s post comes with more updates about how to get involved and a few teasers of what we have to look forward to for the remainder of the BFM campaign. Hold on to your whiskers, we are about to go turbo MOde.
1. In case you didn’t already see the BFM team/network updates on Facebook and Twitter, here is how you can join our team (and network for those outside of the US).
To join the BFM team directly, simply register on www.movember.com, and join the team page. Aside from donations, pictures and blog post links can all be shared on the team page as well, so please take advantage of this year’s sexy format!
Those outside of the US can join us through the network page. The instructions are as follows:
- Register and log in to your Mo Space
- Click on Networks on the left hand side
- Search the network name Bloggers for Movember 2013
- Click join this network
You can also download the Movember app to keep up with the campaign while you are on the MOve.
2. MOAR contests are happening this year. Last year, I did a banner design contest with the help of Tim Oh of Get Second Lunch, and it turned out to be fun and outstanding and incredible and spiffy, but it also turned me on to vlogging. I can’t believe it has been a year already. SO, get ready for a new, fun, outstanding, incredible, spiffy contest right here on 25toFly which will end in none other than a special vlog on BeccaTube announcing the winners. Camera tricks and all.
We will also have a Twitter auction, several giveaways, and a well-known company dedicating money to this year’s BFM campaign. Details are coming later this week and next week, so don’t you dare grab for your razor yet.
3. Here are some badges and banners you can use to bling out your blog and/or social media sites showing that you are supporting BFM and making the world that much better. You’re a hero.
Lastly, if you are interested in dedicating a blog post to the cause, please send links directly to me at Cord.Rebecca@gmail.com so I can promote them! Also remember, likes and shares count just as much! Bloggers for Movember MOvement on Facebook and Twitter.
- Bloggers for Movember 2013 Begins! (25tofly.com)
- Movember (littlemslost.wordpress.com)
- Movember Mobile App Is the Perfect ‘Stache Companion (mashable.com)