When I got involved with Bloggers for Movember in 2012, I participated for a few reasons.
- Le Clown asked me, and you don’t tell him no. Unless you like flaming clown poop on your doorstep.
- I love facial hair much more than the average person. I’d take a bearded throw blanket any day.
- It was a great way to get involved with the blogging community and a charitable cause all at the same time.
I slept well every night of Movember 2012 knowing that I had done my part as an upstanding citizen of both the non virtual and virtual worlds of which I was a part. However, this year Bloggers for Movember means much more to me on an intimate level. This year, Movember has sunk into me… deep. BFM isn’t just something I am proud to put my name on. It has made me tap into my appreciation for the men I love, the men I like, and even the ones that I don’t. Read the rest of this entry
The prize: I flirted with Tim over at SecondLunch until he agreed to illustrate a new banner for my blog. The banner will be an illustration of me and the lucky four winning bloggers doing something spiffy (with mustaches of course). Other details of the banner are a secret, but I assure you, you will want to be on it. You already know this if you are familiar with Tim’s work (I mean, who isn’t?). The winners’ blog names will be visible on the banner which I will keep up until January, and I will add a page link at the top of my blog showcasing the winners (letting their blogs forever live in infamy on 25tofly). Be on the look out for the banner teaser coming soon.
NOTE: If you “Like” the Bloggers for Movember Facebook page your name will be entered twice in the drawing for the banner position. Just be sure to send me a message or e-mail letting me know you did both so that I don’t miss it.
NOTE #102,937,821: Be sure to leave your blog link in a message with your donation or somewhere on your team member page so I can check you out.
Ready set Mo!
- Bloggers for Movember – Official Kickoff! (clownonfire.wordpress.com)
- Remember Remember the start of Movember (different-uk.typepad.com)
- A moustache-grower’s style guide to Movember (confused.com)