The wonderful ladies at The Indie Chicks have invited me back in for some double shot coffee to talk about Bloggers for Movember, and this time, I am not just blabbering about how I want to pet all men with facial hair. This year, I wanted to explain why I find Bloggers for Movember to be a positively impacting cause by writing about an experience that wasn’t so positively impacting.
Happy Movember Monday to you all! Movember is now in full swing. I’ve been seeing some rad mustache progress being shared already and a handful of posts dedicated to the month of men’s health awareness. Bloggers are on top of their game this year, and I am pumped. You should be too.
Today’s post comes with more updates about how to get involved and a few teasers of what we have to look forward to for the remainder of the BFM campaign. Hold on to your whiskers, we are about to go turbo MOde.
1. In case you didn’t already see the BFM team/network updates on Facebook and Twitter, here is how you can join our team (and network for those outside of the US).
To join the BFM team directly, simply register on www.movember.com, and join the team page. Aside from donations, pictures and blog post links can all be shared on the team page as well, so please take advantage of this year’s sexy format!
Those outside of the US can join us through the network page. The instructions are as follows:
- Register and log in to your Mo Space
- Click on Networks on the left hand side
- Search the network name Bloggers for Movember 2013
- Click join this network
You can also download the Movember app to keep up with the campaign while you are on the MOve.
2. MOAR contests are happening this year. Last year, I did a banner design contest with the help of Tim Oh of Get Second Lunch, and it turned out to be fun and outstanding and incredible and spiffy, but it also turned me on to vlogging. I can’t believe it has been a year already. SO, get ready for a new, fun, outstanding, incredible, spiffy contest right here on 25toFly which will end in none other than a special vlog on BeccaTube announcing the winners. Camera tricks and all.
We will also have a Twitter auction, several giveaways, and a well-known company dedicating money to this year’s BFM campaign. Details are coming later this week and next week, so don’t you dare grab for your razor yet.
3. Here are some badges and banners you can use to bling out your blog and/or social media sites showing that you are supporting BFM and making the world that much better. You’re a hero.
Lastly, if you are interested in dedicating a blog post to the cause, please send links directly to me at Cord.Rebecca@gmail.com so I can promote them! Also remember, likes and shares count just as much! Bloggers for Movember MOvement on Facebook and Twitter.
- Bloggers for Movember 2013 Begins! (25tofly.com)
- Movember (littlemslost.wordpress.com)
- Movember Mobile App Is the Perfect ‘Stache Companion (mashable.com)
Good Morning Flysters. It’s been a busy month in the world of long john wearing red heads between the launch of Blogger Interactive, getting settled in to my new home, and painting Jack’s fingernails. But today I am sharing with you a few other things that have been keeping me busy.
Today marks my very first article published on the EXP Adventures blog which coincides with my first vlogging debut on The Indie Chick’s YouTube channel. I think I just knocked regular YouTube Tuesday all the way into next Monday.
If you aren’t familiar with these sites, here is your chance to not only check out these outstanding sites, but support your girl at the same time.
I’ve been lucky enough to be in correspondence with the founder of EXP Adventures for about a year now, from whom I have received incredible support, advice, and motivation. So my excitement level about being included in the EXP group of writers is topping that of my upcoming birthday celebrations… for the next five years.
EXP is all about providing daring travelers with challenging and culturally rich experiences. They not only offer their busy viewers the opportunity for truly adventurous, yet attainable travels, but also bring in interested parties with a warm embrace of insight. The Adventures Blog provides vivid views of the all-encompassing EXP travels accompanied by well written, informative, and entertaining articles that resonate with its audacious readers. Please head on over to read my article on staying connected during travels entitled Destination WiFi Wasteland.
Many of you are already familiar with The Indie Chicks. How could you not be? IC is the sexy offspring of some of the internet’s best woman super heroes, not to mention the most devoted blog supporters out there. I’ve been a contributor there for almost a year now, but this will be my first comedy video on their YouTube channel. Watch How to Move Long Distance below!
Don’t think that all of the fun is over after today either. I’ve added a special new widget in the sidebar where you can see what is coming up on 25toFly. So many first are ahead, and I am gladly letting you all watch me giving up my V card. I hope you enjoy it Flysters. It will certainly be a month to remember.
- YouTube Channels Seek Audience, Advertisers Off YouTube (adage.com)
- Funniest Vlog Evar (25tofly.com)
Ya hear? Okay, maybe not evar or even just regular ever, but I did officially win the Funniest Vlogger category of The Indie Chicks Badass Blogger Contest. I appreciate all of the nominations and votes, and I want to say thank you from the bottom of my long johns to ye all. Now I can proudly sport that lovely, validating badge over there on my side bar. People will think I am actually legit. Which I am. Legit to the max. Here is how I celebrated:
Blow up ALL the balloons!
Take ALL the catnaps!
Thank you like a fat kid loves cake. Wait, that’s not right.
BUSINESS: I plan to get back to my regular writing over here on the blog, but I am curious. Do y’all want more writing and less of the vlogs, or do you mind a mixture of both? Should the two be separate? Also, what do you think of the new layout? I value your input. Thanks again.
- Blogging, vlogging and podcasting (clashofthefandoms.wordpress.com)
- VLOGGERFAIR: Seattle YouTube Gathering This Weekend (seattlepi.com)
- WeAreChange Vlog #2: Watford Residents and Police on Bilderberg (disinfo.com)
Because that’s who I feel like right now. Tired and ragged, as I sit in terminal B after a long night of unlucky and then seriously lucky events, I could easily make my own version of The Terminal mashed with a little slice of Castaway (by the looks of my hair and the fact that I have taken up friendship with the only item of real value that I have in my carry on – my blow dryer).
Being that I was stranded in Dallas, TX last night, I didn’t want to take any chances of missing my flight this morning. So, naturally I stayed up until almost three AM, made weird videos of myself, and ate a questionable vending machine dinner that I washed down with room temperature beer to ensure that I would look and feel ravishing this morning. I also wanted to make it to the airport with plenty of time to spare. Which I did. And am now regretting in between consciousness. I’ll get back to you on the feeling ravishing part.
Here is the thing. I have to come clean. I didn’t write a post while I was cruising the clouds like Mario on some secret level, so I am making up for it now. Don’t fret though Flysters, I have about twenty posts worth of pictures, videos, and stories for you if you give me some time to recoup from my worst flight scenario ever. Plus, considering that I highly underestimated my Jack Daniels to plane-laziness ratio… it is for the best that no post was brewed.
In the meantime, I have two things for you to check out.
1. Stop by Brother Jon’s blog today. He has rallied some outstanding bloggers to send out some sweet messages to his brother and friends. Why is this important? Seek and you shall find. (Also, he extended such a generous helping hand to me late last night when I was in a panic at the airport that he deserves a huge nod of appreciation. Man, y’all are seriously good people).
2. Speaking of Mario, check out my intense reunion with him at Adam’s apartment in Detroit. More to come on part two of our IRL saga. Hold on to your butts!
- Tom Hanks Hoards Typewriters, and Other News (theparisreview.org)
- Tom Hanks took steroids to cure cold (contactmusic.com)
Here is part two of the Draw Your Life video I posted last week. Beware of cheese.
Now for some important news!
1. There will be a new article written by yours truly on The Indie Chicks tomorrow! I will be tweeting the link and sharing it on Facebook and all of that good stuff. You know what to do! Oh, and while you are there, if you have a moment to vote for me for the Funniest Blog and/or Funniest Vlog categories of their Badass Blogger Contest I will give you a kidney. It’s all good, I have two. I don’t care if you don’t need one, it’s yours.
2. I am off to travel again in about ten days, so you might not see much of me in the next couple of weeks. Now that I have quit my job to become a hippy, what better thing to do first than to travel the country side, right? But where am I going? Any guesses?
3. The Blogger Summit is well underway. There are some exciting things going on behind the scenes. Upon my return, expect to be delivered some updates!
Thanks again for watching/reading/commenting/hopefully not crying.
- Go Home Fear, You’re Drunk (25tofly.com)
- Draw Your Life (25tofly.com)
- Life Drawing (georgiamacguire.wordpress.com)
Good morning there puppets.
I simply wanted to write an update post today. I have been busily working on several projects for the up and coming year. One of them involves ventriloquism. One of them also involves a men’s urinal. What a combination, right? Those are the only hints I can give.
This weekend, be on the look out for the duo vlog from me and La La. There is something in it for you. We also think in the video, so you really don’t want to miss it.
On the morning of January 4th, my second article will go live on The Indie Chicks. It’s about that Color Run I didn’t actually run a while back, but it is also about expectations versus reality. I think we all can relate to that. Oh, and there is mention of slip-n-sliding so now you are required to read it.
There will be no fancy new blog theme for 2013. My blog avoids aesthetic improvements… much like your mom. Did you see that “your mom” joke that just happened? Soak it up.
The end of this year has been really fun. Money was raised, there were shout outs galore, vlogs, blog parties, contests, special friendships, a few power couple formations, and I spontaneously combusted on ACOF. Read the rest of this entry